Hey Granny

Hey Granny I smoke now naw you know that's not me.
Hey Granny I drink now well on occasions.
I shed tears win u went away.
Wish u would come back one day.
I didn't get to see u before you went away.
Your smile was a mile wide, and never seem tired.
No eating out home cook meals, how we survived.
Raised 11 strong, we still did wrong.
Went to jail drop out school just to make bail, but momma didn't raise no fool.
I was raw and uncut, so you put me out, well I ran away to ease your stress.
I dealt with the stress, sold crack to get fresh, eviction notice then 30 days till we homeless.
Aunts and uncles mad, send his ass away Aunt Whoop favorite saying.
Damn, all I had was yall, so I shed tears stood tall fuck yall.
Cause I thought it was all about the checks.
Then got Shannon and Bruh to get me in check.
Then 6 months in the system still wasn't the pedigree.
You didn't birth me, but you raised me.
Enough of my bad shit, let's talk about your kids shit.
Well, fatty took Mace back and damn you know he on his crack shit.
Birds of a feather, that what the rumor is shit.
Case well she knocked up, pistol not locked up, Fay ATL, Duke she on her way,
Dawn by the way continue to stress, Chris I don't need mention.
Andre and Cal coming into they on. Mer well she dreading up now.
Tracey gone wild, even let yo last car get towed but that's your favorite child.
My dad living house to house something like a Nomad.
But he still cleans and take flowers to yo headstone.
Whoop she strong, but stress can break a bitch down.
Ebony she committed adultery, her and mike working it out.
Terelle well she got three trying to stay under control.
You was a our way out, now everything is way out of control.
Hey Granny sorry for the hurt I put your heart thru.
Praying for forgiveness, saddens my heart.
I'm not Whitney Houston, but why does death hurt so bad.
I shed tears as this lead spread these words of sorrow.
They even tried to keep me out cause I cried so much.
Would give my heart for you to have a fresh start,Or just to hold a Granny to Charlie chat.
Now the family splitting apart like old shoes.
Doing so bad couldn't even agree on doing Soul Foods.
Fussing about the latest news, a day after the funeral the even was fussing you church shoes.
Didn't see the jewels or your favorite hats shit moved out fast like bats in the night.
Didn't get any memories that's why I'm still tight.
So I still don't get to tight with all my aunties.
So I just consider most the relatives distant family.
1st 2ND and 3rd after that hell no.
So I don't go to your grave site that much cause I think of death to much.
So I hate that you don't even have your tombstone yet.
I always wanted to go b4 you, cause I use to live like I died before. But I guess God just isn't ready for me yet.
Its odd but you was my best friend I spilled my beans to.
When I was little, granny relied on me to do all the errands and dry snitching.
Granny this, Granny that.
I miss my Granny from the ass beating to the home made cake beatings.
Tell God watch out for them, cause I got Allah on speed dial now.
Yeah I no you tripping but I converted from christian to Muslim, so I can't do your pork stuff.
But life just been just throwing me different stuff and I have no strategy.
Losing you was my 9/11 tragedy.
Now our whole family rebuilding like ground zero.
But its hard to work when all the hearts have grey clouds around them.
I miss you being here, and I know you can see these tears in my eyes from my fears.
So look over us and be our guardian angel now that you no long here.

0 comments: