Synthesis Attack


One of the papers I didn't like doing was the Synthesis essay. I thought that it was hard to relate a movie and novel together. I ended up choosing the movie "300" and the novel To Kill A Mockingbird. It was hard for me from the beginning because I didn't know what movie and novel I could pick that would relate to each other. Then I had to watch the movie and study every detail to make sure that I knew what I would be talking about when it came time to compare it to the novel. When it came time to read the novel, I had to make sure I was getting every detail in so I could compare it properly to the movie. Now I think that it might have been easier if I had chosen a different movie and novel, but by that time it was too late to go back and change everything. I had to compare the characters in the movie to the characters in the novel which I thought was a little difficult because the entire scenarios were different. Then I had to describe how the plots could relate which was also difficult because one had to do with a setting in a small racist town, and the other had to do with a setting in a battlefield during the oldest ages. I think it was harder for me to compare them because although I could find ways to relate the movie to the novel, I had to go back and explain it so that it was easy for everyone else to understand. It's hard to capture the audience with a paper like this, but I ended up doing it successfully. But if I ever had to do a paper like this again, I don't know what I would do ...

0 comments: