Overrated Song


Bruce Springstein's music sucks. I really hated the fact that we had to listen to his music. I never in a million years thought that I would have to listen to a Bruce Springstein song in English class then make an arguement about what he had to say. In the song "Born In The USA", Bruce Springstein attacked the presidential governed ways. However, I still hated that song. That was the first time I ever really listened to it, and to sit through an hour and fifteen minutes of talking about Bruce Springstein was the worst class ever. I would hate to have another student indulge in a class of nothing but Bruce Springstein, even though that song was one of the greatest hits. "Born In The USA" is my first pick on the list of the worst songs ever written. I just want to say what in the hell was listening to "Born In The USA" have to do with English? And why was it introduced to me in this course of college English? I could see if it was music appreciation class, but not English. If there's one thing that I could change, I would change going to class that day. I would have brought in a doctor's note saying that I had the E bola Virus, or maybe I'd say that I was attacked by a million bees. You don't know how many times I wanted to put my head down and zone out to another planet. However, I'm just glad that I was able to have this great learning experience of Bruce Springstein's "Born in the USA". And to those that haven't heard the song, or read the lyrics, take my word for it ... DON'T EVER LISTEN TO THIS SONG, because it will bring shocking pains to your ears.

0 comments: