THE RESEARCH PRESENTATION


I really did not like doing that presentation because that was just extra work that you had to do on top of all the other writing that I had to do. For example, getting up in front of an English class is not what you are thinking coming into a college. Then what makes it worse is due to the fact that you have to present for about 6 to 8 minutes. Now if you are the shy type you are like what the hell am I doing a presentation in a English class, I thought I that I was going to do a couple of essays turn them in and be done. Well I pity the fool because that's not what happens I had to stand up in front of the class and talk about a topic that I researched then I had to make it into an argument. Now I know this is America but damn does everything have to be a debate. See I would never say that one little thing would make me dislike something but this text damn near had me ready to say that I would rather die then to doing a research presentation in a college English class. Also the questions people ask some time just be so crazy after you give the presentation for example, I did my presentation on the King of Mali and his hajj to Mecca and someone asked me if he was African American. I'm like are you serious? No, he was Native American. Then I told them that he devalued gold and they said did get the gold from the people in Europe I'm like didn't I say he devalued gold in Europe. But overall I didn't like doing that because it was very nerve wrecking I don't like doing power points I hate standing up in front of people talk about anyone thing and especially to people that I don't know. Then to top it off it is a got damn English class and I feel like nothing in English says that yeah I'm going to have to talk in front of the class but now it’s over said and done. I just feel like nobody should have to do such things in an English class but I'm glad that I did because it help my public speaking skills.

1 comments:

  Paul G.

December 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM

"Now I know this is America but damn does everything have to be a debate."

This is funny. Good use of pathos.