THE HIGH LIFE



She taught me how to look at things different, taught me how to be patient, taught me how not to judge, taught me how to love again. 
Showed me that the past was nothing but a written testament that could be changed, but I don’t know what Im on cause I still want the past.
I feel like I did you wrong, I abandon you, left you with a blank stare, I left your heart with with a empty space that could fit the world in it.
We once had things in common, now seems like common sense doesn’t even make sense.
High off life, high off love, high off the words that we share.
I Lust off life, I Lust for Love, I Lust for the words that we use to share because now the pages are empty.
The lines are blank, the periods are gone, the exclamation marks are now left for the imagination and the questions that was once asked are now left unasked.
I thought I was above you, I thought I didn’t need you, I thought I could just quit you with no rehab.
Now I need you, I need you to console me, I need you to be my spine I can’t stand without you.
I retreated when it got real, I ran when you showed me your most inner feelings about life and what you loved and cared about. 
You kept me away from the game, You kept me away from the streets, You kept me safe, You kept me sane, You kept me whole, You gave me life, You gave me hope to be great.
You watched me walk away, you watch me share my pain and tears to others, but you never gave up on me. 
Now I need you and I don’t know all the write words to say, because all the write words have already been spoken and not written with the best intentions.
I use to get high off you, I use to find relief in you, I use to use you, I use to abuse you and now that I need you, your nowhere yo be found.
I can’t come home until the love of my returns to me and bring me home.
Come back to me, I miss you, Come back to me, I love you, Come back to me, I admit that Im nothing without you.
You was my drug of choice, You was my life, You was my heart and what we have can change the world because we shouldn’t be apart.
So lets rewrite history and marry this pen to this paper until our hearts set fire and burn like wildfire.

0 comments: